- The Soca Valley
- Katric House Katrič is a rustic Slovenian farmhouse that has been lovingly restored retaining its many features and incorporating modern facilities, located at the heart of the charming village of Kamno
- Fly Fishing on the Soca River Fishing on the river Soča is the jewel in Slovenia’s fly-fishing crown. It is not just the beauty of the crystal clear emerald water, but also its setting in the Julian Alps that attracts fishermen from all over the world each year.
- Watersports Kayaking, white water rafting, canyoning, canoeing.
- Triglav National Park Hiking and exploring the beautiful Triglav National Park
- Soca River In one of the most beautiful and unspoiled valleys in Europe, the Soča river springs from limestone mountains in the north western part of the Julian Alps. Flowing majestically alongside mountain meadows, through steep gorges and under towering mountains until it reaches Italy.
- Fish of the Soca The Soča and its tributaries are famous for its indigenous Marble Trout (Salmo marmoratus) now found only in a few river systems, there is also the adriatic grayling, rainbow trout, marble/brown trout hybrid, brown trout, chub and barbel.
- Kamno Village Katrič house is set in the pretty traditional farming village of Kamno at the Southern end of the Julian Alps under the base of mount Krn.
- Lipizzana Horses at Lipica
- Flora and Fauna The Soča valley is a popular hub for natural scientists and botanists as well as home to the Juliana alpine botanical garden
- Napolean Bridge Kobarid
- Sunset on the Soca River at Kamno
At Soča Valley Holidays we are excited to offer Katrič farmhouse available for holiday accommodation to rent in the stunning Soča Valley in Slovenia.
Katrič ✭✭✭ is a detached, renovated Slovenian farmhouse in a quiet village location within walking distance of the Soča river, nestled in the foothills of the Julian Alps.
In North-West Slovenia are the dramatic white limestone mountains, the Julian Alps, so named after the Julian dynasty who ruled on the southern side of the Alps. It is a landscape of soaring peaks, deep valleys & gorges, rivers of crystal clear emerald water, blankets of thick forest, and meadows filled with wild flowers; then in winter a stunning snowy winter wonderland. Towering over the numerous peaks is Triglav the highest mountain in Slovenia at 2,864 metres set within one of Europe’s first national parks; the Triglav National Park which was set up in 1903 to protect this unique area.
Katrič farmhouse is set in the pretty traditional farming village of Kamno at the Southern end of the Julian Alps under the base of mount Krn. Perfectly located to enjoy all the Soca Valley has to offer like fly-fishing for the famous marble trout, hiking, paragliding, moutain biking, kayaking, rafting, horse riding, walking the historical trails, enjoying the flora and fauna or just relaxing by the river.
For more photos of the Soca Valley and our accommodation
please have a look at our galleries page.
Our location in Slovenia means we are just a short drive away from visiting the Mediterranean coast of Italy, Slovenia or Croatia. It is possible to day trip to Venice, the Italian Lakes, Croatia, Ljubliana, Lake Bled and Bohinj. There are many tourist attrations in Slovenia that are a short drive away like the caves in Postojna, the Lipizzana school, and Predjama castle.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you have about your holiday in Slovenia.
We look forward to meeting you - Hannah & Shaun
Kamno Village in the foothills of the Triglav National Park.
LIMITED AVAILABILITY THIS SEASON 2016
We have already taken a lot of bookings at Katric for the 2016 season. Avilable dates in July and August are
2/7/2016 - 9/7/2016
23/7/2016 - 30/7/2016
13/8/2016 - 20/8/2016
If you are interested in making a reservation for those dates please get in touch as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
NEW FOR 2016 !
Next year we are excited to introduce a new rental property to our portfolio.
Valley View apartment will be a modern 2 person apartment located high above the Soča River in the small, quiet hilltop village of Kambreško. For more details please email us.
Soca Valley Hiking Festival 2016
16th September to 2nd October.
Discover the beauties of nature and monuments of the past under the guidance of experienced guides.
For more information please look at our Hiking page
New promotional video of the
Now on Trip Advisor we have some lovely reviews. Please have a read and leave one if you want to.
WE ARE NOW ON ZOOVER
FLY-FISHING EQUIPMENT RENTAL AND GUIDING.
We can now offer a comprehensive selection of high quality branded Fly-Fishing equipment to rent. Perfect if you want to travel without the risk of damage to your own rods and reels. Click here for more details or email email@example.com